How do you know when it is time to replace the tires on your car, truck or SUV? Do you wait until they are bald or until you actually get a flat tire? Your tires are the only thing between you and the road. They are crucial to your car’s handling and safety.
General tire health start with simple things like make sure they are properly inflated and getting tire rotations regularly to help distribute wear evenly over time. Below are a few items to keep in mind when watching for wear, but if you’re ever in doubt, stop by the Humble Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center next door to Planet Ford in Humble on Hwy. 59 and let our experts do a proper inspection.
You may need to replace your tires if you notice:
- A tire tread depth of less than 3/32″. That can equate to tire tread that doesn’t reach the top of Lincoln’s head on an upside-down penny
- Punctures, cuts or snags in your tire tread or sidewall
- A sudden loss of tire pressure
- Your tire wear indicator is visible
- Vibration when driving
- Poor handling or traction control in slippery driving conditions
Shop and save for your next new set of tires at the Humble Quick Lane Tire & Auto Center conveniently located at 19206 Eastex Freeway in Humble, TX 77338. Our team of trained technicians is here answer any questions and assist with all of your maintenance and service needs… on your schedule. Stop by and see why life is better in the Quick Lane.
Get more maintenance tips at quicklanehumble.com/tips